Today, it is the 15th day of eighth month in the Chinese calender. We are celebrating the Mid-Autumn Festival (中秋节快乐) or the Mooncake Festival. Besides eating mooncakes and lighting up lanterns, the purpose of the festival is for the members of family and friends will gather to admire the bright mid-autumn harvest moon, and eat moon cakes and pomelos under the moon together. The origin of the festival is strongly associated with the legend of Houyi and Chang'e, the Moon Goddess of Immortality even though there other stories regarding the festival.
Regarding mooncakes, several years ago my friends has sent me emails that has been attached with several pictures about modern mooncakes that comes in many shape and sizes. Since today is mooncake festival, I would like to upload those pictures in my blog post. These are the pictures:
Images: CNI online
By the way yesterday was the 14th day of the eighth month in the Chinese calender and it is my Chinese birthday. Happy Birthday to myself.. hahaha.. Well, I celebrated my birthday by treating myself with an Extra Hot Peri Peri Chicken at Nando's Peri Peri after I've arriving to Klang to start my new life. Celebrating our own birthday alone can be very lonely and very sad thing to do. I wish that there will be someone accompany me to celebrate my birthday especially my actual birthday this coming 17th of September but too bad I'm so far away from home and all my family members and friends is not around Klang area. It looks like I've to do another lonely birthday celebration. Haiz... But this is a non- related story... hahaha...
Anyway, I would like to wish everyone Happy Mooncake Festival / Mid-Autumn Festival especially to my family and friends.



No comments:
Post a Comment